CLICK BELOW FOR MAIN SITE (AND BLOG ETC)



If you can see this text you need to click the image above.

Writing, fashion, photography, art, video, moving image, music, and other avenues of interest.

Also provides updates on the work of Daniel Turner (Dan Deckard).


Thursday 20 August 2009

'The Light That Burns Twice As Bright' - Offworld Sculpture









Recently, whilst staying in a little French village (Pontlevoy), I talked my way into using a disused warehouse of a slowly deteriorating abbey; the neglected gold rolex of an American businessman.

I wanted to build an internally floodlit sculpture that commented on this, my current living situation, offworld project, and a nod to religion.

Every element of the installation was sourced from an abandoned part of the abbey.
I only ever intended it to be a photo series, ending in its eventual destruction, but the villagers took an interest, and on the final night turned up in a sort of impromptu gallery opening, and demanded it be left there.
The somewhat bewildered village vicar asked where the hope was.
I pointed out it was mostly white.

Full story and proper photos coming later on the main site, as soon as I can get back to rephotograph.

No comments: