CLICK BELOW FOR MAIN SITE (AND BLOG ETC)



If you can see this text you need to click the image above.

Writing, fashion, photography, art, video, moving image, music, and other avenues of interest.

Also provides updates on the work of Daniel Turner (Dan Deckard).


Tuesday 2 December 2008

Princess Leia Is Old And Has A Sense Of Humour And Some Stories

Carrie Fisher, better known as Jabba The Hut's metal clad bit on the side has posted some choice segments from her autobiography on the Daily Mail website; that bastion of hip, relevant comedy and culture.

Here

It turns out she's pretty sharp on it, and makes self-depreciating light of some pretty unusual situations. Some choice selections below:


"Mike died in a plane crash in 1958, when I was two, and my dad flew to Elizabeth's side, making his way slowly to her front."

"You know how they say that religion is the opiate of the masses? Well, I took masses of opiates religiously... At a certain point in my early 20s, my mother started to worry about my obviously ever-increasing drug ingestion. So she ended up doing what any concerned parent would do. She called Cary Grant."

"When I spoke about my mental illness publicly, I won great acclaim. I waited my entire life to get an award for something, anything (OK, fine, not acting, but what about a tiny little award for writing? Nope), I now get awards for being mentally ill."

"I weighed about 105lb at the time but carried about 50 of those in my face... So you know what a good idea would be? Give me a hairstyle that further widens my already wide face."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice blog. must follow.