CLICK BELOW FOR MAIN SITE (AND BLOG ETC)



If you can see this text you need to click the image above.

Writing, fashion, photography, art, video, moving image, music, and other avenues of interest.

Also provides updates on the work of Daniel Turner (Dan Deckard).


Sunday 9 November 2008

The First Blog

Like a geeky version of that Band of Horses song.
So I knew this blog had to start off like fireworks, you know, start as you mean to go on and all that. Usually when I need a great idea I'll sit on a train for a couple of hours, but apart from being a bit over the top for an internet blog, I don't have any trains in my house. But I do have a bath.

I don't know if anyone's managed to come up with a great idea in the bath before, and if they have I think it was either not a great idea, or they were pretty stupid, and as it's all relative, it was only a relatively good idea. You see, in the bath, your brain travels at about a 1000th of it's usual speed, and seeing as we supposedly only use a 10th of it anyway, it's not looking good for an Archimedes moment.

Anyway, so the best I could come up with was this blogging (verb) parody of Adaptation, where my first blog is all about coming up with my first blog, in the bath. Charlie Kaufman would be proud; I even had a narrator in my head putting together this post. I'm not sure if it was my own voice, but if it was, would that be self-indulgent? Wouldn't want that in a blog. No sir.

No comments: